Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Counting Moments

#73 - Greeting Seth at the Bus

Inspired by this book, I recently made a goal to count one thousand gifts in my life. I'll be sharing some of my list and insights with you as I go along this little journey.

I've been listing. Working hard to pay attention to the gifts in my life. When I'm noticing, it is easy to fill a page (or more) in my notebook with the things that make me happy each day. Yesterday I reached 100. Only nine hundred more gifts to notice. Nine hundred moments. Nine hundred surprises. Nine hundred chances to be grateful for all that He gives. Counting makes me feel small, the way you feel when you lay on your back and stare at starry night sky. Or when you stand at the peak of a mountain. Or when you stand on a beach and take in the expanse of the ocean... It feels so good.

And speaking of oceans... we decided a while back to take a trip, but not to make plans as to where we were going. Last night, Trevor and I sat down and looked at a map (a real tangible map) and decided which direction to travel. Then we booked a tonight's hotel and today we are headed off. We know where we are going today, but after that, anything could happen. We will take things one day at a time, focusing on enjoying the moment, and end up wherever we end up. I will let you know what happens!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

sound like fun! Can't wait to hear where you ended up traveling and enjoying.

Lisa said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to hear a few more of your counting moments.