Monday, November 29, 2010

My Amazing Body

The kids looking at an acorn

At the end of some days, I look around and wonder if I have accomplished anything. These are frustrating moments. Moments that make you feel like all you are doing is spinning your wheels.

Today is not one of those days. I just spent a few minutes lying down in my room, resting and noticing for the first time all day that my feet are tired. It is no wonder. I woke early, took care of Lina, showered, went to the dentist, returned home just in time to send Trevor off to work, clean up breakfast, start laundry and get kids ready for the day. That was all before 10am.

Then we headed to play group, visited with friends, shopped a little, ate some lunch (a picnic on the grass in the Target parking lot) and finally picked up prescriptions and came home just in time for quiet time.

I am amazed at what I am capable of... what my body is capable of.

I can read, nurse a baby, comfort a toddler, and enjoy the morning breeze. I can drive, run, pay bills online, and enjoy the happy noises Katelin makes while drawing. I can rest and eat and breathe. My body is good to me. On the days when I am frustrated, I have to slow down and be grateful for all I can do, even if it is just picking up toys and dirty clothes.

No comments: