Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Getting ready...


Seth Practices for the big day

Ready for the big feast!

Inspired by this blog, I decided to teach the kids how to set the table for Thanksgiving. I pulled out some leftover fabric to create a tablecloth, place mats, and napkins (using pinking shears this took just a few minutes). Then we drew a plate, silverware, and a glass on one of the place mats as a way to practice. I've been wanting to do this with the kids all week, and finally did it. They are at an age where they love this stuff, and today's Thanksgiving feast (fishy crackers) was good practice for tomorrow. I feel very thankful this year for two kids who love to learn and play, a baby who smiles and cuddles and loves us, a husband who dreams with me, and for my Heavenly Father who is always mindful. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving day. My life is sooooo good and I need to stop and count my blessings a bit more often. Here is my favorite Thanksgiving video; I know it is a year old, but I never get tired of it.

No comments: