Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Conversations

Katelin had blood drawn today. To say she was scared would be an understatement. She is a worried child and the anticipation of that blood draw was enormous. Thankfully, she only knew about it for about thirty minutes beforehand. She survived (thanks to some very adept nurses) and as we always do after a "poke", we visited Krispy Kreme.

On the way home, the conversation went something like this.

Seth starts, "I see a do-nut store." Note that while I clearly understood that is what he said, very few other people would have caught that.

I reply, "Really?" Note: no do-nut stores in sight.

A few minutes later, Seth says excitedly, "Mom, I see a popcorn store."

"Really? Wow, you must have really good eyes."

Katelin chimes in, "I have really great eyes. I can see clear to Oklahoma."

Seth, not to be outdone, replies, "Me don't like Oklahoma."A typical reaction for Seth to anything or anyone new or unknown.

***

Later today Seth was playing with scotch tape (who needs toys anyway). Katelin found a leftover piece and placed it carefully over Seth's mouth, then in all seriousness said, "Seth, now you can't talk for a million years."

****

Seriously, where do they get this stuff?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love the Oklahoma comment! Your kids are clever, indeed.