Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A little bit of happiness...


Do you remember Ramona? The "Ramona Books" as I called them, were the first books that I devoured in elementary school. I loved reading about silly Ramona, and I especially remember Susan and her boing, boing curls.

So I decided to try reading this with Katelin about a week ago. She loved it and anticipated reading every day. It has been so fun to rediscover this little kindergartener with Katelin. We read a chapter every day while Seth was sleeping, and the only disappointment was that we finished and have to get back to the library before we can read another chapter book.

I really think one of the keys to being happy at home with your kids, is to find things you both enjoy. For Katelin and I, that is reading. Sitting and playing princess games in any way may drive me crazy, but this we have in common. Ramona is so much more interesting than Ariel, or Snow White, or Sleeping Beauty, or even Belle (my favorite princess --- because she is at least a little bit smart). Thank you Beverly Cleary.




4 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I LOVE Ramona! And I LOVE that my girls bring me books to read them. It's the best gift I could ask for. I hope we're raising readers. How could they be anything else with us as their mothers?

Andrea said...

I have been thinking about busting out the mini-chapter books. I used to read Junie B. Jones with Stacia, she loved them. They are funny! Give them a try when you finish your Ramonas!

Brock and Tyra said...

Hey!!! Congratulations on the up and coming babe! See what I miss out on when I blog once a blue moon?

..toni.. said...

We are reading Ramona too! The Fudge books are next. You should try Junie B Jones...they are my daughters favorite! I heart books.