Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Birthday Moments and other Random Thoughts

Seth turned two on March 21. Last week I called poison control twice. First because he managed to break into Trevor's travel stash of medicine (the ones that are normally stored on a very high shelf, but had fallen). Apparently, when you are two years old, you can eat up to five tablets of Tylenol Migraine medication without serious side effects. Seth didn't like those much, and spit most of it out after chewing up the first.

He did like his gummy bear multi-vitamins, and ate several, just moments before we should have been leaving for church on Sunday. It takes twenty of those to make you really sick (if you only weigh 26 pounds). The few he ate, gave him a little stomach-ache, but he survived without serious injury. We've now called our friends at Poison Control four times with Seth. The number is saved in my phone-book, just in case. If you haven't put it in yours, you might consider adding it... 1-800-222-1222. It's nice to have on hand.

In happier news, my kids are currently holed up in their bedroom making me a Mother's Day present. They have requested tape and stickers, markers and crayons. I'm curious to see what Katelin has come up with, considering most of our normal project supplies are packed away right now (We are moving across the street tomorrow. I'm blogging to procrastinate packing more boxes).

So, without further ado, here are a few birthday highlights.

Birthday jammies. These have created a bit of drama. When one person's monkey jammies are dirty, there is often wailing and whining and gnashing of teeth. One heartache of childhood.

This isn't a particularly good picture, but it is from Seth's birthday and I thought I would show you my outy belly button. I've been getting many interesting comments.

"Gosh, are you having twins??"
"Do you feel like you are going to pop?" followed by, "When was your due date, like yesterday?"
"Wow, you've gotten huge."

For the record, no, I am not having twins. Yes I feel like I am going to pop. My due date is May 10, thank you very much. And yes, I am huge, and I will be getting much bigger. Just so you all know, even though I am pregnant, doesn't mean I want to be told how large I am. Okay, I think that is out of my system. Back to birthday pictures.

I sure love this little birthday boy. So smiley most of the time, and when he is in a bad mood, give him a horse and his whole mood changes. Bring on the twos.... I don't believe that they have to be terrible.

5 comments:

Lonna said...

hooray for the two's, and I am glad to hear that a little horse can make all the difference in a mood.

If you need a fresh supply of any kind of horse things let me know I also have a horse lover and well lets just say that we have more than enough stuff to share.

happy birthday Seth, you are getting to be more and more fun everyday.

Unknown said...

Oh give your kids a big hug for me!!

This Idaho Girl said...

I can't believe he's already two. Didn't you just have him? Amelia thinks medicine is delicious. We've made several calls to Poison Control as well.

cjmom said...

Happy Birthday Seth, and Kellie - pregnant women can get away with smacking the first person who comments on their tummy. I guess you could always try on Winston Churchill lines when someone told him he was drunk. "yes madam I am drunk, but you are ugly. Tomorrow I will not be drunk, but you will still be ugly." What do they think you should look like - you are 8 months pregnant - do they think the stork brings babies? Sheesh (yeah someone said that me me at 4 months and apparently there is still some anger.) :)

Kristy said...

Wow - I continue to be amazed at what people say to pregnant ladies without a thought to how they feel! You look great and I personally think 2 is such a fun year. Now 3 seems to be something else...!