Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hopelessly romantic

Katelin after a competitive game of "Kiss the Prince" (similar to Pin the Tail on the Donkey) at a Princess Birthday Party Yesterday.

Katelin has a few notions about romance and love -

While watching a disney movie, "I think they are falling in love."

My friend Lonna asks, "Really? Why?"

"Because they're singing to each other." Obviously!!

****

While talking about boys from preschool -

"If Andrew is married when I get big, I'll just marry Austin."

"What if Austin is married?"

"I'll marry Ethan, he is soooo funny."

****

"Do you like twirling in that dress?"

"Yes, so  I can get married."

"Oh, you need to know how to twirl to get married?"

"I already know how."

****

"Mom and Dad, when I see you kiss, I want to kiss someone."


4 comments:

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

If only falling in LOVE was as simple as twriling in a puffy dress I would have been wisked away days ago! Too bad I never really liked dress up... maybe that's my problem, hmmm.

Jenette said...

I love that take on romance!! Oh, yes, I think she should go for Ethan! Anyway, I love the last comment. That is such a great example, in all seriousness. I am guessing she is going to have a healthy outlook on relationships in her future. SO, so, so important. That is really something that will have a great impact on her forever. You are an amazing person Kellie, and your kids are lucky to have you as their mom!!

Lonna said...

I have never seen a girl, age 3 or any other, so excited to put on bright pink lipstick! She was so funny during that game. And I have to say that I love the way that she plays dress up.

Gwen was asking me when we got home how come she didn't get to keep the blue dress, and I told her that it was Katelin's, so she said maybe she could share it with me. I suppose this means that we are now in full princess mode.

And I am totally with her on how to know if it is love, I mean if you are singing to each other, its gotta be the real deal.