Friday, October 7, 2011

#384 - Park Days

Inspired by this book, I recently made a goal to count one thousand gifts in my life. I'll be sharing some of my list and insights with you as I go along this little journey.

In the chaos of moving, my listing notebook went into a box and my counting project went on hold. I got out of the habit of counting and found myself in the mire of unsettled kids, unopened boxes, and too much frustration. This isn't a good place to be...

I finally cracked open the book a couple of weeks ago. I am slowly remembering, once again, to notice the giggles... the breeze... the taste of a beautiful meal. It feels so good to breathe all of the goodness in. Counting is refreshing, and nothing reminds me of how blessed I am like a trip to the park. Simple, beautiful, joyful. Doesn't get a lot better than this.

Lina loves her some swinging... "Weee. weee. weee," she calls and never wants to get out.
Apparently I love pushing Lina in the swing just as much.

One little boy + one pirate patch = happiness.

Sisters. They may be five years apart, but Katelin already calls Lina her best friend.

Just a glimpse of a toothless freckle face.

One of the many faces of Lina.

Sisterly care. Katelin helps Seth put that patch back on his face.

Stink eye. Lina's got it.

And that, my friends, is how to spend the morning before general conference. Happy Friday!

No comments: