Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A little bit of progress...

It is February. Ground Hog's Day actually. Here is a summary of the happenings at our house -
  • Lina's got a new little tooth and she isn't too happy about it... can one tooth really hurt that bad.
  • Trevor is stranded in Illinois, thanks to the monster blizzard pelting the midwest.
  • I started cleaning out my hall closet last night. I realized halfway through this project is going to require some soul searching, so I now have piles of boxes and bags shoved in the corner of my living room...
  • I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle all of that stuff in the corner, so maybe I'll procrastinate it a little bit longer and go take a short nap.
  • Life is feeling a little bit slower, even a little bit simpler.
It's true. Since I started using my white board I've been staying on top of things a bit better. I can't tell you how this little tool has changed things for us - the kids are fighting a little less, going to bed with less resistance, smiling and laughing more... so are we. I can find my kitchen counter. The paper isn't piling up quite as readily. Most of all, I don't wake up feeling rushed. I know what has to get done, and what can be ignored, so I feel free to put off the unimportant and focus on the things I love - my kids, my husband, projects, reading...

For the first time since Lina was born, I feel like I might have a little bit of - gasp - free time, which leaves me pondering what important stuff I should be doing with my life. I'm not looking for another commitment, just relishing the fact that I can do a little more of what I want to do and have the chance to rediscover what exactly that might be.

No comments: