Friday, November 5, 2010

This and that

A lot of things are rattling around in my half-awake brain today. Here they are, in no particular order -

  • Lina doesn't sleep well ever, but the last few nights have been relentless. Between teething and a runny nose and who knows what else, she was awake until almost 2:00am last night. She slept three hours before she was awake and unhappy again. Suggestions anyone??
  • Trevor left his job at CIEE this week to go to work for another company with an acronym for a name, AMD. We're excited about the change (I'm hoping for a little less travel), but I am not used to sending him to the office to work. The kids are a little upset that he leaves us every morning. He will work from home a couple of days a week once he gets a bit more training and gets settled in at work.
  • Today is Friday, library day, and we missed story time because of Lina's shenanigans. Katelin is distraught about missing the fun with Miss Debbie today, and I understand. Miss Debbie really is quite fabulous.
  • This is the weekend that the time changes, which means I should take advantage of this to get into the habit of putting the kids down a bit earlier and waking up earlier... I think this is my goal for November. Gotta work out those details.
  • I am so glad that the weekend is finally here. How about you?
  • Okay, now a joke from Seth told me today at lunch

    "Knock knock."
    "Who's there?"
    "Applesauce."
    "Applesauce who?"
    "Applesauce in mine mouth."

  • And finally, the joke Katelin told at lunch -

    "Why did the bride and broom cross the road?"
    "So they could get married on the other side.
Okay, that's all for now. Lina is screaming again! That will probably be the story of my weekend.

1 comment:

This Idaho Girl said...

Sorry Lina is having struggles. It's the worst when you can't console them no matter what you do. Hopefully it's a quickly passing phase. As for having a husband gone, I can so relate. It stinks, but it's life.