Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Past

I found these pictures taken two years ago, on or around Thanksgiving. These memories feel like they happened two lifetimes ago... but then, they feel like only yesterday, too.
When did Seth stop eating every pencil, penny and marble left on the floor?

When did Katelin start writing me notes and letters instead of just scribbling?
In spite of all the changing and growing our family has gone through the past few years, one thing is the same every Thanksgiving. Family. Food. Pie. I'm grateful for the tradition.

And just in case you were wondering, I got a little bit more sleep last night, five straight hours plus a little bonus. I don't think Trevor was so lucky as he helped a certain five-year old who couldn't sleep in the wee hours. In light of a better night's rest, today has been much more manageable.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am so with you on the sleep = functional mothering! I am my worst when I am tired and it takes a bit to get back on track. Keep going - you will all make it :)