Monday, December 21, 2009

A Few Happy Moments

Sometimes things get a little ugly around here. That is when I know it is time to slow down and enjoy these little rascals and all of their quirks.

Seems like there is always a fight to see who can get closest to Mom. I do not enjoy being crawled on, jumped over, and injured in the process, but this day, there were no bruises... Just a lot of giggling.

After church, I often return to my home and find the remnants of a very hectic Sunday morning; I find the milk sitting on the counter, the fridge door open, or any other number of other signs of a frantic dash out the door. However, one Sunday afternoon, I arrived and found this. Such a relief to know Katelin and Seth are responsibly caring for their dogs.

Katelin loves making, wrapping, and giving gifts lately. I told her that if she wanted to keep these bows for future use, she needed to find a place to keep them. An hour later, I find these attached to the wall in our entryway. Yes, that is a very handy place, just in case you need a bow.

Usually silence at our house equates to trouble. On this particular afternoon, it was too quiet. I discovered nothing more than Katelin "reading" to Seth. So refreshing.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

The bows on the wall is so handy! I love the picture of the three of you all snug as a bug in a rug.

Amy K said...

Glad to see you taking advantage of those happy moments. They are easy to overlook.