Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Daily Essentials

Nothing beats playing on the stairs

It seems I am constantly working to find a perfect balance of time to myself, playing with my kids, and tackling the endless items that end up on my to-do list. I remembered today that for me, a few things are essential:
  1. Exercise
  2. Quiet time (nap for Sethie and quiet play for Katelin)
  3. Taking several breaks to just laugh, read, or play
Cleaning and laundry are definitely optional. I'm always amazed with my kids. They both have their moments, but overall they are remarkably joyful little souls. Give them food, sleep and a bit of attention and they are usually good to go. Could my own needs possibly be that simple?

1 comment:

This Idaho Girl said...

It's so true. As long as my girls are napped and fed they're loads of fun. Your kids are getting so big. Where does the time go?