Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Three Simple Things

Katelin gets some exercise. I wanna be like her.

My goal is to do these three things every day -
  1. Read at least one verse of scripture.
  2. Get moving. Twenty minutes of exercise.
  3. Organize one shelf, one box, or one closet.
Notice my emphasis is on consistency, not quantity. Getting started is my challenge, but if I just do that little bit I keep the habit.

Today I've already danced to the Yoga Booty Booty Ballet Hip-Hop video (thanks for lending it mom) and read a conference talk and scripture this morning. Now I just have to dig into the book closet. That could be scary... but worth it... I hope.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Just think though you don't have that many closet shelves so you should be done with all that organizing before you know it! I totally need your dedication to start working on my "to do" list. I look at it and then go take a nap, it's all I can do lately. Ha ha, maybe I'll tackle something today.

Lonna said...

Nice work on making and following through on your goals. I want to know how many days it takes to finish up the closet part of the goal.

Ken and Shanda said...

Can we get some "Yoga Booty Booty Ballet Hip-Hop video" over here for Shanda? Oh wait, did I just write that...

Kristy said...

I love that you are always setting goals for yourself - inspiring!

Kelly said...

You have set realistic goals and I'm sure you'll do it. You're that kind of girl.

Amy said...

Way to go! I have the same kind of goals. It's amazing how the little things can pile up. It's good to start small. Good luck!